Windows 11 - Microsoft Webcam Driver Is 18 Years Old

Discussion in 'Software' started by axelbrora, Apr 30, 2024.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and my Logitech webcam, which worked perfectly on Windows 10, started flashing the image when using Teams. I downloaded the Logitech software, which I had never needed before and this cured the problem, but I had to turn off memory integrity to install it due to incompatible drivers. As the webcam was quite old, I decided to upgrade so uninstalled the software, binned the webcam and bought a new Yimona webcam. It is plug and play and claims that no software is needed and there is none available on the manufacturers website. However, I now have exactly the same problem with the flashing image, it flashes at about one second intervals. I have checked the driver details and it is a Microsoft Windows driver version 10.0.22621.2506 dated 21/06/2006. I have tried to update it and Windows says the latest driver is already installed.

Should I now install some third party software such as Youcam to get a more up to date driver? Or I would welcome any other suggestions to cure the problem?

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Is this an older computer? Driver updates should be distributed by the manufacturer through the built in driver and software updater but if it is an older computer software and driver updates may no longer be supported.

Windows Update is horrible at installing current drivers so I would suggest trying a third party driver updater. Driver Booster normally gives accurate results andis great for finding the correct drivers for older computers.

Just be sure to not install any additional software during the Driver Booster install process. All you need is Driver Booster so uncheck anything else.

Just run the scan and then look for the webcam driver and run the update.

3. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

The computer is brand new, bought in February this year. I tried Driver Booster, which I already had, and it found several drivers dated 21/6/206 the same date as my webcam driver, but the webcam was not on the list.

4. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Open the W11 settings and choose Bluetooth & devices > Cameras > (select your Webcam) > Troubleshoot

If there are two then try disabling one of them.

Also try going into the Device Manager and uninstall the webcam driver. When you restart the computer Windows will install it again automatically. That might clear up the issues.

What is the brand and model number for your computer?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds