Windows anti-virus Pro (NOT)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by akaviking, Aug 10, 2009.

1. akaviking

akaviking Private E-2

OMG HELP!
    Got a program running calling itself windows anti-viruus pro. Wants me to dpend 49.96 for a year or 89.95 for a lifetime
    This thing is a VIRUS itself because I had my speakers muted when it entered I cannot restart them/open them is destroying every program I can see, tells me the parameters in my control panal are not correct. Like I said OMG Am pulling my hair out here can someone help me with this?
    I am not going to pay them money/give them my credit card info when they are so malicaous!
    Am kinda a neophyte to all this computer control jargon and really need a paitent person to walk me through what I need to do.
    If posting here doesnt help don't know what else to try.
    Thanks for your time:cry:confused

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. akaviking

akaviking Private E-2

Thanks Tim
    I did as you suggested or rather I tried to inasmuch as this virus will not let me download a single thing
    Oh it says its downloading only to bring up an empty window when I hit run
    Am pulling my hair out here n e suggestions?

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You then need to first do this:
    If you have problems where no tools seem to run, please try following the steps given in the below and then continue on no matter what you find. You only need to try the TDSSserv steps if having problems getting scans in the Read & Run Me First. If TDSSserv is not found, just continue on with the READ & RUN ME.
    TDSSserv Non-Plug & Play Driver Disable

And then see if you can download. If not, then download to a different computer and transfer via cd. Please start a thread in the malware forum and explain there what you have done, what works or doesn't and attach any logs that you are able to get.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds