Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by WinOutreach2, Jul 26, 2011.

1. WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2 Private E-2

It would seem that "Windows Outreach" has been a subject of curiosity and caution in the past.

So, hi, I'm Brandon, and I work for the Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro, ask away!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Brandon

I have had many a discussion with Microsoft personnel about the Outreach team and one thing you need to do is to actually read the questions posted and understand them fully to then allow you to answer them correctly and NOT just post a link to Technet, MSDN or the MSKB that is generic and not really answering the question in the main, some links do but in past many dont.

I dont know you but I am willing to give you benefit of doubt as to your technical qualification and knowledge and if you give great advise then fine I welcome that greatly, but if its generic links to various sites that do not really answer the question then sadly the bad name that the Outreach team has gotten with the tech community will continue and for one I will be contacting my MS Lead and likely other MS contacts.

Will PM you my email address so you can chat on this if you need.

David

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Brandon

Having had an email from your Community Manager Stephen (of whom I do know who he is as he Manages part of the MVP program in communities also) I can now see where the Windows Outreach Team has differed from the Outreach Team of old and welcome this new direction of joining communities to help those communities over linking outside to the MS Forums etc.

Look forward to working with your team and keeping the computing masses going and if you have any questions on forum practices or ways of doing things (malware removal is one area we have some rules on) or if you have any posts that are directed at you/Outreach Team that less than warranted then do let me know, you have my email address.

David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds