Windows XP, cannot find the box to uncheck to show all drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by brat, Dec 3, 2005.

1. brat

brat Private E-2

I am going to drive myself nuts. I saw the box today I need now. It is checked to not show any drivers higher than F. Well, when I use the card reader it needs to be pulled up on drive G. I cannot locate the spot I saw earlier to uncheck the box so I can see it when I pull up Windows Explorer or on My Computer. Help. Thanks, from a white headed old lady. Brat :p

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Download and Install Tweak UI from Microsoft.

Run Tweak UI expand My Computer in teh left Window, click on Drives. Place a check mark in the drives you want displayed and uncheck the drives you don't want displayed.

3. brat

brat Private E-2

Thank You, Thank You , Thank You. I appreciate.
    Merry Christmas, may you get the best computer system money can buy.

Brat

4. brat

brat Private E-2

Okay I downloaded , unzipped it, followed the instructions and got to where you were sending me. It only shows drives that I already see. I cannot get the computer to let me okay it to allow me to see drives G, H, etc. Somewhere on the durn system I saw the box today to uncheck to see it, but at that time I did not realize that was the problem I was having with the reader not reading. On other computer it shows up on drive G, but this one won't let me access that drive. It is if it does not exist. Brat

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Do you have your card reader connected to your computer with a card in?restart your computer with the card reader connected and turned on see if it allows you to see it and enable the option :confused:

6. brat

brat Private E-2

Tried, sorry I took so long to get back. Did not work either. I think it would just be easier to buy a new camera, lol.
    Brat

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which service pack do you have installed for XP? SP1 or SP2?

To easily find this out you can right click My Computer > properties and near top it will say "service pack 1 or 2" if it says nothing then you dont have any of the service pacsk installed and its a wise thing to install SP2 as it will not only give you crucial updates but USB compatibility for USB2.0

8. brat

brat Private E-2

Says I have Service Pack 2.
    Brat

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

you have me stumpted on this as I tried a few different options but still came back to TweakUI allowing you to change this.... when you tried TweakUI and the drives you see where ticked like the ones in the picture below? eg. G>Z were listed but not ticked?

[​IMG]

Dont worry about the red ? mark so long the box before the drive letter is ticked, I have a media card reader adnd the drive letter only shows in My Computer or Explorere when their is a card actually in the reader.

If you cannot change anythng in TweakUI are you logged in to XP and the Administrator?

10. brat

brat Private E-2

My husband went in last night and logged in as the system administrator. He hasn't a clue to what he did, but he had to do something right as the system is now showing the reader is in the H drive. It takes a little doing for me to get to it as I have to go through Windows Explorer to have it recognize that I am wanting it. After all this I still think the best solution would have been to buy me a newer computer and a camera that is not obsolete. Just have to convince him of that. Thanks so much for all ya'll help. Will ask him when he gets home if he can share any insight to how he helped so I can pass on the tip. TerryAnn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds