Zone Alarm initializing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrPewty, Dec 20, 2008.

1. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I've had Zone Alarm running for years, and this has never happened before:

The Icon is in my tray like always, and a mouse held over it reveals the message - "Protection is up, UI is initializing"

It will not open.

Every now and then a message box opens telling me that Zone Alarm is initializing, and if I want to close it I should click "cancel".

Any idea what is happening here.

I fired up Vista's firewall just in case.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, I agree with Mark, ZA has really gone downhill since their acquisition but I haven't been a real fan since 4.5 I believe, whenever the vector issues started. I just use Vista's FW ATM but I'll try Comodo again as I'm no IT admin who knows how to configure outgoing traffic, last time in XP I needed to click 57 times before I got online but it was a beta ATT. We'll see.

3. will413

will413 Private E-2

This seems like a old trend, but I will add some information to it

I run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and had the same problem. I read a trend where someone running a earlier version of zonealarm copied zonealarm files to the system32 directory. I went to my system32 directory and I could not find the Zonelabs folder. I went to the SysWOW64 folder and found the Zonelabs folder in there. I then copied the Zonelabs folder to the System32 directory, and solved the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds